- To promote interest in the local history of Stonehouse in all its aspects and through all periods of history.
- To hold talks and meetings devoted to this aim and to visit places of historic interest.
- To encourage members to work on research projects on local history.
- To cooperate with other societies and bodies having similar interests.
- To try to ensure that any material related to the history of Stonehouse is collected and preserved and made available for future use.
If you are looking for information about the history of Stonehouse and its people that is not on this website, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
We do not undertake research into family history for enquirers, but we can share information that we already hold in our research files and we can guide you to the places in Stonehouse where your ancestor may have lived.
Membership year runs from May 1st to April 30th
Annual Membership Fee £5
(to include AGM attendance fee if paid at the AGM)
Member’s attendance Fee for each meeting attended £1.00.
Non-member’s attendance Fee for each meeting attended £2.00.
The Committee shall consist of:
A minimum of 6 members, a maximum of 9, to include a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
Officers and committee shall be elected every year at an Annual General Meeting of the group to be held in May.
Members may stand for re-election.
An account will be held at a financial institution approved by the committee.
The address for correspondence would be that of the treasurer(s).
There will be at least 3 signatories to include the treasurer and the secretary. Two out of these to sign all cheques and documents.
Accounts will be presented at all committee meetings and at the Annual General Meeting.
Meetings and Events
The Group aims to hold monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of each month, except in August. Additional events and trips out may be arranged. (see website for details).
The Group will develop and maintain a website to give information on both Stonehouse History Group and the history of Stonehouse. We aim to provide a channel of communication for people to ask and answer questions on Stonehouse history and contribute to our archive collection.
Contact us at
The committee 2018 – 2019
Chair – Jim Dickson
Vice Chair – Shirley Dicker
Secretary – Vicki Walker
Treasurer – Andrew Walker
Website Working Group